CNC machining and routing has certainly revolutionised the manufacturing industry. For the uninitiated, CNC manufacturing uses CAD software to design parts for a number of industries. So, the results are very precise and accurate at all times. In simpler terms, manufacturing parts using CNC machining and routing is more efficient, faster and more accurate than any conventional process.
What Exactly Is CNC Machining and Routing?
In CNC manufacturing, a computer is used to handle various tools including routers, mills, lathes and grinders to produce a variety of goods. The required part is first designed with CAD software.
Then, with the help of a special programming language (G-code), the machine is instructed to set the right speed, position of the tool and feed rate to accomplish the required job. CNC machining and routing can be successfully used to manufacture products such as plastic displays using acrylic sheets.
CNC Manufacturing: Why Choose Plastic Displays?
One of the greatest advantages of CNC manufacturing is the consistency across every part made with this process. This simply means that no matter how many parts you make, they all will have the same accurate dimensions.
Plastic fabrication to manufacture plastic displays has several advantages over other materials. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why plastic materials such as acrylic sheets might be the best choice for you if you’re looking for well designed and long lasting plastic displays.
- Easy To Form: Plastic has excellent malleability and a low melting point. So, any shape can be achieved easily no matter how intricate or complex it is.
- Easy To Finish: Contrary to other materials like metals, a plastic display can be painted even before fabrication. This can greatly reduce the time and effort required afterwards.
- Fast And Efficient Production: When you choose a plastic display, you can reap some amazing benefits of both plastic and CNC manufacturing such as faster speed and more efficient manufacturing process.
- Lightweight yet Durable: A plastic display is a lightweight but exceptionally durable product that can last for years and years with minimal maintenance.
- Resistant to Chemicals: Unlike metals, plastic is highly resistance to most chemicals, so there’s no risk of rusting or oxidation with a plastic display.
For more information on our products and services including CNC machining and routing or plastic displays, please visit FX Plastics today!